Mass Data Update
The Mass Data Update mode can be used to do mass changes to the responsibilities data.
NOTE: Transaction /PROMENTA/WF_RESP_00 can also be used which gives access to all modes of the program with the options for each mode shown in a separate tab on the selection screen.
- Date Range – These fields are used to specify the date range to be used when creating new values. They cannot be changed and default to today until the end of time.
- Audit Reference and Comment – If entered the values in these fields are stored within the audit data.
- Import File – This option is used to load a comma separated values (CSV) data file that contains the changes that should be applied to the responsibilities data.
- Path and Filename – This is the name of the file that should be processed.
- Generate Blank Import Template – This option is used to generate a blank template which can then be populated and loaded via the ‘Import File’ option.
- Template Type – The type of template required should be entered in this field. A possible values are displayed in the help values selection.
- Path and Filename – This is the name of the file that should be created.
- Single User Id – This option can be used to make changes to a single user and bypasses the need to enter the details in an ‘Import File’.
- Existing User Id – This is the user id that is going to deleted, duplicated or replaced
- Delete – If the user is to be deleted or replaced then this option should be selected
- New User Id – This is the user id that is going to duplicate or replace the existing user.
Import File Types
The import files must be CSV files and match the following format:-
- Line 1 – FILE TYPE = [FILE TYPE] = [FILE DESCRIPTION]
- Line 2 – Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 etc
- Line 3 Onward – Records to be updated
- MASS IMPRT Mass Import
- This file type can be used to create a responsibility, approver group and associated user agents. If the responsibility entered in the file matches an existing value on the system then then any users will be added to the existing data. The match is done on the Responsibility Name as an exact text match. This matching is case-sensitive
- FND&DEL_US Find and Delete User
- This file type is used to delete a user from all responsibilities they are linked to.
- FND&DUP_US Find and Duplicate User
- This file type is used to find where an existing user exists and add another user to the same responsibilities.
- FND&REP_US Find and Replace User
- This file type is used to delete a user from all responsibilities they are linked and replace them with another user.
A report is displayed after any updates have been made detailing the changes made and any errors that have occurred:-
- Type – The type of object that has been updated
- Action – The action that has been performed
- Start and End Dates – The effective date of the change
- Details – The object that has been changed
- Message – The result of the change. If an error occurred then this will be shown in red.