Excel Add-in (V2)
OBSOLETE : Please use Version 3
The Promenta Add-in enables a more convenient integration point for users to submit journal requests. The Add-In version 2 uses additional executables to enable browser communication.
Please note : Additional maintenance and/or license fees may be applicable – please check with your Promenta Account Manager
The Promenta Excel Add-in Version 2 offers these key features – functionality which is new for Version 2 is highlighted.
- Direct integration with Promenta Journal Solution in SAP
- Send-to-workflow button to submit a journal request straight from the excel template
- Support for Single-Sign-on to SAP systems (ECC/S4Hana) without need for RFC/SNC
- No need for SAP GUI installation
- SAP-data lookup from the excel template
- Support for Microsoft Edge (Version 2)
- Resubmit rejected request (Version 2)
- Additional template formats (Version 2)
- Support for multiple journals in the same request (Version 2)
- Full internationalization capability (Version 2)
A short video is available here : Journal Add-in Demo
Send-to-Workflow : This button will submit the journal to the Promenta journal solution running inside your SAP system
Validate : This button will cause all the data of the journal to be validated against your SAP master data in real time.
Inbox : This button will open your Promenta Inbox to review sent and pending requests
Template Manager : This button will open the Template Manager to enable journal templates to be downloaded.
The install guide is available here. Please note that your IT team may be required to perform some of the steps.
Information for IT / BASIS teams
The excel service is the interface between the excel add-in installed on every users desktop and the SAP finance (ECC/S4Hana) system. It can be enabled for Single-sign-on with HTTP SSO technologies.
The Excel service is available in 2 versions
Portal version – this is deployed as part of the Promenta Portal patch and must be configured. Connection to SAP is made from the portal via the SAP JCO service. As such the SAP Portal client JCO service must be configured in the portal
WAS (ABAP) version – this is deployed as part of the core delivery. No additional configuration is needed in SAP.
The Add-in is configured on each users local systems via an ini file.
The ini file contains
- The allowed list of SAP systems that can be connected to.
- Determines if Portal or WAS(ABAP) is to be used
- Determines which browser and associated driver is to be used
- Setup browser screen sizing
An example ini file is included with the standard installation
Note : No user ids, passwords or other credentials are stored in the ini file